Automatic removal of Applixure Agents
By default, Applixure will remove any device that has had Applixure Agent installed and reporting to our cloud after the device has not been seen for 45 consecutive days. During automatic removal of the device, all software products (instances) reported from the device are also marked as being removed.
After 30 days has elapsed without Applixure Agent reporting in, those device will also being shown as a separate Warning item in the Devices dashboard.
Manual removal of Applixure Agent through UI
Sometimes you might want to remove certain devices that no longer exist in the environment at all or from which Applixure Agent has been explicitly removed.
You can remove individual Applixure Agents from the Agent's details screen on one-by-one basis:
- Navigate to the Devices view and select the device you want to remove from Applixure.
- Click the Remove this device button.
- Confirm the removal.
After removing the device, it is immediately removed from Applixure's list of actively monitored devices and all device-related data is removed from Applixure.
You can also remove multiple agents at once:
- Navigate to the Bulk operations page in Settings and scroll down to Remove multiple agent devices.
- Prepare a CSV (comma separated values) file that lists all the device names that you want to remove.
The CSV file must contain one single device name per row. The device name must match the device name in Applixure (see the Devices list for a list of all monitored devices in your environment). See an example CSV at the bottom of this article.
Note that the CSV file must be saved in UTF8 format. If you export CSV file from Microsoft Excel (using Save As -functionality), note that Excel saves CSV files by default using system's local text encoding so you should use text editor such as Notepad++ in Windows or TextWrangler in macOS to change/re-save resulting CSV file in correct encoding.
- Once you have the CSV file, import it by clicking Upload removal listfile. If you are uploading a large list, processing might take a short while.
- Review the list of devices that will be removed. Click Confirm removal to continue. The devices will be removed from Applixure.
After the removal has been processed, the devices are immediately removed from Applixure's list of actively monitored devices and all device-related data is removed from Applixure.