You can enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for your own user account by following the instructions below. We recommend always enabling 2FA to protect your Applixure user account from being accessed in case your normal username and password combination happens to be compromised.
If your Applixure user account has user management rights for the Applixure account or environment, at the present time, it is not possible to enable 2FA for any other user user account besides your own. This means that each individual user having user account for the Applixure will need to do this procedure individually.
A prerequisite for enabling 2FA is that you have an authenticator app installed on your mobile device, such as Google Authenticator (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447), Microsoft Authenticator (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/authenticator) or any other authenticator app that supports generating Time-based One-time Passwords (TOTP).
How to enable 2FA
- Log on to Applixure at https://app.applixure.com/ using your Applixure user account.
- On the Settings -tab, access your User account settings.
- In the Security & restrictions -section, click on the "Enable two-factor authentication for you user account" toggle if it is not already set.
- You will presented with the Two factor authentication settings page by which you must now configure new entry into your authenticator app using the QR code displayed on the settings page. Open the authenticator app on your mobile device and - exact method depending on the app - choose to add new authentication entry by scanning a QR code.
- When authenticator app is using your device's camera, point the camera to your computer screen showing the QR code. If the authenticator successfully scans the QR code, your new authenticator entry will appear on the list for your Applixure user account, showing six-digit numeric code that changes regularly.
- To complete enabling the 2FA for your Applixure user account, you must enter the code currently showing on the authenticator app to the settings page, under Step 3, and press Enable two-factor authentication -button.
Please note, since the code is constantly changing, you must complete this step quick enough so that the code has not rotated more than once or preferably at all. Don't worry, you can always re-enter the code on the settings screen and press the button again!
- If the code verifies correctly, 2FA is now enabled for your user accoutn and you will be taken back to your user account settings page and blue banner is shown on top of the page stating the fact. If not, you have the opportunity to re-try entering the code.
- From now on, you must always enter code from your authenticator app on login after your Applixure username and password are validated. Without valid authenticator code, you will not be able to log on to the Applixure.
How to disable 2FA
Should you want to disable 2FA for any reason from your Applixure user account, you can do so by following these instructions.
- On the same User account settings -page you enabled the 2FA, click on the enabled "Enable two-factor authentication for you user account" toggle to turn it to disabled state.
- For the security reasons, before Applixure allows you to disable 2FA on an user account, you must once more enter valid code from your mobile device's authenticator app.
- If the code validates correctly, you will returned to your user account settings -page and 2FA is now disabled for your user account. This means that on subsequent logins to the Applixure UI you will no longer be asked about code from the authenticator app.
You can always re-enable 2FA at the later date for your user account, which is what Applixure recommends to protect your user account from being used by unauthorized parties.